Crotchless underwear is sexy and is popular for romantic nights in, worn under a sexy dress, roleplay scenarios, and during fetish fun. Ever wondered how to make your own crotchless underwear? After all, what’s the point of spending money on something with a hole in it?
You’ll probably pay more for the holey item then you would for normal ones. Or maybe you have a stash of knickers well past their best and don’t want to chuck them? (You’ll never be able to say good morning to the bin men again, fact).
Maybe you aren’t too keen on purchasing crotchless knickers from the store and want to avoid that awkwardness? Perhaps you’ve been spending a little much lately and your debit card needs a little break. And quite frankly, paying more for less material might just be bugging you a little right now.
Come to think of it, maybe it is time to get imaginative and see what you can come up with yourself. What’s the worst that can happen? Your home will always need dusters, even holey ones, right?
Below we have put together some ways in which you can create DIY crotchless knickers.
1. Adjust Some Existing Underwear
The cheapest option is always going to be to use what you have and if saving pennies is your main goal this will be welcomed. It’s probably also a good shout for those who have never held a sewing kit or know what to do with one. Baby steps people, baby steps.
You Will Need:-
- Practice pair of knickers.
- The actual intended pair of knickers.
- A flat surface.
- Fabric scissors.
- A steady hand.
- Needle and thread.
It’s probably a good idea to practice this first, so grab a pair of knickers you don’t mind saying goodbye to should it all go wrong on your first attempt.
Follow these steps:-
1. Pop them on an even surface so they lie down flat and look for the crotch area. The crotch area then needs to be folded lengthwise so the knickers are now halved.
2. You then need to grab some fabric scissors (you might end up with more than the crotch missing should you use your kitchen shears!). With a steady hand carefully trim away at the crotch panel. You do this by following the fold you should have along the crotch.
3. Once you’ve done this pop the underwear on so you can gauge how wide you want the opening to be. You can use a marker pen at this stage, however unless you are heavily into yoga this may be mission impossible. I would suggest phoning a friend to help markup, but perhaps all friendships have their limits!
4. You can tidy up any messy bits at this stage with a thread and needle if you wish. You can probably expect some fraying to occur but don’t worry, don’t think your lover will mind too much.
If you are feeling super creative and skillful then you could cut patterns into the crotch, heck carve your name if the fancy takes you!
When you feel comfortable with the process, get those sexy knickers and do it for real this time. You’ll soon be making them for friends or having crotchless knickers sewing parties. No? Well maybe not. Remember these are old knickers so learn from any mistakes and when you feel confident look out the ones you want to make crotchless for real.
2. Make Your Own
Maybe you are one of those people who have discovered new talents during the pandemic or you’ve always had a flair for such things? Why not, in this case, have a go at making your own from scratch? Here’s our guide on how to make crotchless underwear the hard way!
You Will Need:-
- Fabric of your choice.
- Pattern to work from.
- Sewing machine.
- Any decoration you may want.
Follow These Steps:-
1. First of all you need to choose the fabric you would like for your crotchless underwear and then find a suitable pattern. You can buy patterns from eBay, Etsy, or by doing some Google searches. You will probably want a sewing machine for this task and some space to work in.
2. You can be extra creative and use a hot iron to transfer some extra glitz such as diamantés or stickers. You could even iron on some sexy wording or be creative with shapes you cut out. You need to be pretty confident to take on this project but if it’s something you enjoy then go for it.
Who knows, maybe you can turn it into a little side earner, after all it seems people will pay more for less. You might be onto something here in this case!
While writing this article I swear I came across knickers and glue guns in one sentence. Whilst I try and get my heart rate back down to a normal level I will point out that we accept no responsibility for any tools you deem fit for purpose during this task. Crack on by all means, but be careful folks! Oh the palpitations…
3. Just Buy Some!
Let’s face it, we weren’t all destined with creative genes – and if the prospect of making crotchless knickers is just too daunting then so be it. There is a whole lot of choice out there and it’s always worth shopping around for the best deals. Our own shopping section has loads of crotchless underwear, knickers start at 3 pairs for £20!
Sometimes, you get a freebie with your order, who doesn’t love a freebie. It’s always best to know where your limits lie and go from there. Yes you might pay more for a hole in your knickers but that’s ok. So look out your tired debit card and treat yourself – you deserve it!